VISA and residence permit - CITY College, University of York Europe Campus
Κολέγιο CITY College
Main Campus, Thessaloniki, Greece

VISA and residence permit

Information for full-time and part-time students studying in Thessaloniki

All non–EU students should apply for a student visa at the Greek consulate office of their own country.

A valid student visa is necessary in order to later apply for student residence permit since , according to the Greek Immigration Law all international students living in Greece must apply for a student residence permit at the immigration office in Thessaloniki.

In general, the documents that will be required from you by the Greek Embassy or Consulate in your country to apply for a student visa are the following:

  • A valid passport or other travel identification documents
  • A certificate issued by CITY College
  • Proof of financial support
  • An official "health certificate", from a health institution in the applicant’s country, declaring that the student does not carry any transmitted (contagious) diseases (translated into Greek and legalised)
  • An official certificate that the applicant has no criminal record (Translated into Greek and notarized)
  • 2-4 passport size pictures
  • Evidence of efficient knowledge of the English Language
  • A completed application form

Upon your acceptance the Department of Student Services will send you specific guidelines and certificates that you can use for the application process.

Information for MBA students

Non-EU MBA Students visiting Greece for weekend modules DO NOT have to apply for a student visa.

Instead they should apply for a multi-entry tourist visa

In order to do so the Department of Student Services needs to send an invitation letter to Greek consulate office of the students’ country.

Other than the invitation letter the authorities may request additional supporting documents (e.g. employment certificate, financial statement etc.). Since Greek Embassies/Consulates in each particular country may have different requirements for this type of visa application, we would advise students to consult them before they proceed with their application.

Non-EU students attending the MBA programme need to request an invitation letter prior to scheduled Study Week in Thessaloniki so they can apply for a tourist visa.

Note: It should be made clear that the visa duration and number of entries is at the discretion of the associated Consulate.

UK Visa for non-EU students visiting UK for the MBA annual study week

Non-EU students should apply for a visa at the British Consulate in their country. An appropriate certificate will also be provided in this occasion to all MBA students. The Department of Student Services provides complete information with regards to the UK visa application process to all students travelling to the UK.


For additional information, clarification and assistance contact The Department of Student Services at

Tel.:  +30 2310 514771 (ext. 123)


Accreditation and Recognition by:
Change your Cookies Preferences